You can’t do omnichannel without calls. People are seamlessly moving between channels, online and offline.
By 2020 businesses will get 169 billion customer phone calls from mobile.
People, even millennials, are calling businesses more than ever.
The average phone call to a business lasts 4 min 52 seconds
Now that mobile search has overtaken desktop search, more people are calling from search.
Mobile search is the #1 call driver
Marketers are looking to phone calls for customer insights, capturing the Who, When, Where and Why for each phone call.
Monday’s receive the most phone calls in a week. 55% of calls to businesses happen Monday through Wednesday.
Consumers make the most calls from 11:00am to 11:59am during the week
On the weekends most calls occur from 12:00pm to 12:59pm
Men call more than women
Most calls come from mobile phones, but landlines still have a place
Landline vs mobile device chart
1. Adobe, Adobe Digital Index
2. comScore, The Role of Search in Consumer Buying
3. Google, The Role of Click to Call in the Path to Purchase
4. Invoca, The State of Mobile Experience
5. Bia/Kelsey, Call Commerce: A $1 Trillion Economic Engine