10 Stats That Will Drive Your Sales & Marketing Alignment Strategy
Poor alignment between your sales and marketing teams and a lack of visibility into cross-functional data are sure to put you off track. From sub-par conversion rates to bad customer experiences, sales and marketing misalignment puts your company at a competitive disadvantage and impacts revenue at every turn. While the divide makes the two teams feel at odds, their goals are the same: to acquire customers and drive more revenue.
When sales and marketing can become one cross-functional super-team, the result is accelerated customer acquisition and a better buying journey for your customers.
Check out these 10 eye-opening sales and marketing stats to help rally the relationship between your sales and marketing teams.
- Lack of alignment = lost revenue. An estimated $1 trillion dollars a year is lost due to a lack of sales and marketing coordination.1
- You might not be as aligned as you think. Less Than 5% of sales and marketing executives report poor alignment. But over half who report good alignment show negative performance and pipeline.2
- Cross-functional data visibility impacts performance. 46% of marketers report that data quality and accuracy negatively impact marketing optimization. 28% say data is siloed and difficult to access.3
- Marketing leads are getting lost. 79% of marketing leads never convert due to a failure to nurture consumer connections.4
- Alignment speeds growth. Highly-Aligned organizations see a 32% year-over-year revenue growth. Less aligned competitors saw a 7% decrease in revenue.5
- Better alignment turns profits. Highly aligned companies are 15% more profitable.6
- Culture isn’t grinding the gears. Over 80% of sales and marketing executives describe each other’s departments positively.2
- Sharing data and technology is key. 96% of companies that report being well-aligned organizationally are aligned on their sales and marketing technology, too.7
- Aligned teams finish strong. Businesses with strong sales and marketing alignment are 67% more effective at closing deals and 58% better at retaining customers.1
- Revenue for the win! Highly aligned teams drive 208% more revenue as a result of their marketing efforts.1
Schedule a demo to learn how Invoca Active Conversation Intelligence enables better alignment between your sales and marketing teams.
- LinkedIn Art of Winning Report
- The LeadMD Sales and Marketing Alignment Report
- Invoca State of First-Party Data Report
- Aberdeen Group study
- Sirius Decisions
- Act-On: Alignment, Technology, and Revenue Impact