One of Rise Interactive's clients is a multi-location national healthcare provider. The provider's mission is to exceed customers' expectations—every day, in every clinic.
The multi-location healthcare provider helps patients schedule in-clinic and telehealth appointments. Offering both online and offline care creates an easier patient experience, and a significant amount of internal data sources. In order to increase appointments, they needed to not only connect the physical and digital dots, but also then effectively use that data to convert offline activity into incremental digital growth.
Rise suggested a collaborative strategy with the healthcare provider, Invoca, and Google to best reach the client’s target audience. The healthcare provider needed a paid search strategy geared towards in-market individuals seeking physical therapy treatments while accounting for a number of complexities, including varied revenue margins by location and offline conversion integrations. After thorough analysis, Rise found that their dollars could be better spent.
Rise Uses Invoca to Attribute Calls to Ads and Optimize Campaigns
Rise identified the most incremental appointments and prioritized spending on locations based on the revenue per visit generated. Given the complexity of this challenge, they collaborated with their partners at Google and Invoca to execute an advanced and strategic solution, outlined below:
- Invoca dynamically placed phone numbers for ad experiences and attributed calls back to ad clicks, optimizing for high-value and high-performing calls.
- Google tools helped optimize campaigns based on the client's incrementality model through value based bidding.
- Rise pulled performance data by keyword and calculated ROAS based on the incrementality values provided by the client. We then rolled out the below detailed paid search approach.
Optimizing on Incremental ROAS to Acquire the Most Valuable New Patients
The national healthcare provider was previously measuring the cost per scheduled appointment to evaluate search performance. Within 30 days, both teams were using ROAS to make optimization decisions.
- Migrated to Search Ads 360 to support the integration of offline data—in this case, realized appointments—at the keyword-level using GCLID matching.
- Determined revenue figures from each realized appointment and developed a custom solution for integrating this data into a performance framework.
- Built automated rules that bid more aggressively on keywords driving higher ROAS and AOV.
The Big Flex—Optimizing Based on Incrementality
With the model established, Rise developed a custom framework to measure Incremental ROAS that better reflected the likelihood that a conversion would not have otherwise occurred. To execute on this and optimize based on incrementality, we:
- Tripled the volume of campaigns and budgets and assigned different goals for branded, non-branded, and competitor keyword campaigns.
- Layered unique budgets and goals dependent on location.
- Launched new fields in SA360 for real-time Incremental ROAS at the keyword-level.
- Created a series of automated rules that optimized keyword-level performance to unique incremental ROAS goals based on location and the type of search.
- 10% Increase in Y/Y Revenue