The rise of mobile has blurred the lines between the digital and real worlds. For the first time ever, people can go from a Google search to a phone call with a single tap. They can make phone calls from their desktop computers. They can make calls from their watches. They can tap a click to call button on a website and be instantly connected, voice-to-voice. This convenience has driven a massive increase in phone calls initiated from digital marketing and marketers are finding new ways to harness the trend and bring calls to their strategies.
To learn more about new customer behavior and the rise of phone calls, Invoca analyzed 32 million calls. Here are some of the most interesting findings from the 2015 Call Intelligence Index that are sure to change the way you think about digital marketing.
2. 75% of consumers say a phone call is the quickest way to get a response.
3. 51% of consumers say they “always” or “frequently” need to call a business from a mobile search ad.
4. 61% of mobile searchers say click to call is most valuable in the purchase phase.
5. 54% of calls come from mobile-specific marketing channels.
6. 45% of calls come from mobile search alone.
7. In 2014, marketers that use Invoca drove more than $2 billion in revenue from phone calls.
8. California drives the most number of calls, but Mississippi has the highest number of calls per capita.
9. The most popular day for calls is Tuesday which has 48% more calls than Sunday.
10. The average call duration across industries and marketing channels is more than 4 minutes long.
Check out the latest SlideShare from Invoca to learn more about how phone calls fit into the new customer journey, and how you can take advantage.